Who do we support
Everyone 18+ is welcome to become a Walk Leader.
What will be covered in the free Volunteer Walk Leader Training?
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a walk leader
- Creating and risk assessing appropriate walking routes
- Managing a safe and enjoyable walk
How long will it take to do the training and what will it be like?
- The training is from 10-3pm and will be both indoors and outdoors.
- We will go on a walk as part of the training so please come suitably equipped.
- Tea, coffee and lunch will be provided.
- The training and documentation will be in English.
- After the training you will be expected to complete online training in Adult Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity.
- You will be expected to complete a DBS check
What will I get as a Living Streets Volunteer?
- Ongoing support, advice and guidance from the Walking Friends Wales project coordinator.
- A Living Streets Walk Leader manual.
- A Living Streets T-shirt.