skip to main content
Health and Wellbeing
A Health and Well-being Wales Partner

Moving home is a huge upheaval, and often an extremely expensive one.

Depending on where you live and your long-term needs, you might prefer to make some home adaptations to make it easier for you to carry on living there.

Nowadays, there is plenty of technology to help you to live safely and independently at home, e.g. community alarm systems and home movement detectors.

You might also wish to buy specialist equipment and daily living aids to help you with everyday tasks.

If you are finding it difficult to cope with everyday tasks like washing, getting dressed and preparing simple meals, contact your local social services and ask to have your needs assessed. Personal (home) care services can be provided in your own home.

Depending on your circumstances, you may also be eligible for housing support.

If you live in rented accommodation

Whether you rent privately or through a council or housing association, your landlord has a legal duty to make reasonable adjustments to a property if a tenant has a disability so speak to them to see what they can do.

Last updated: 27/04/2023